Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An Update...It's Been a While

I thought I would try to update everyone on what has been happening around here. Riley is growing up so fast and changing everyday; she really keeps us on our toes. She is finally getting 2 new teeth, which will bring her up to 6! (Yes, her teeth are coming in rather slowly.) I think more will be soon to follow, because she is still chewing a lot on her fingers and her gums are all swollen. She is talking more and more which is too cute! She knows some animal sounds like: dog, cat, lion, cow, and snake and she knows the major body parts. She knows who she is and now will refer to herself as "RooRoo"; that is what we call her sometimes which is short for Riley-Roo. She can't quite say Riley, but RooRoo comes out clearly, it is too funny! She absolutely LOVES Bailey (the dog) more than anything. She is always concerned with where Bailey is at and has to see her first thing in the morning when she gets up. We just have to watch her because she often times tries to sit on Bailey or hug her a little too tightly, she just wants to cuddle with her and does not realize that it can hurt Bailey. One last thing...she is obsessed with babies and this started before we talked to her about our baby coming. She goes crazy when we see babies out at the store and gets sad when they leave. She is always saying baby and pointing to my belly and will give the baby (my belly) a kiss. I hope she likes her little brother this much when he is here.

As far as the pregnancy...things are still moving along VERY quickly. It really is amazing how fast the time goes the 2nd time around. I hope it continues this fast, because it is getting HOT here and being pregnant in the heat is not all that fun. I had my first glucose test which came back high, so tomorrow I am going for my 3 hour glucose test -this is not a big surprise since I did have gestational diabetes with Riley, I guess we will know for sure later this week or next week. We are just excited for the little guy to be here, only 3 more months!

1 comment:

Randi said...

That's great that Riley is already getting prepared for her new brother. I'm sure she is going to take such good care of him!