Tuesday, August 10, 2010

No More NG Tube





The first picture here is Keegan before surgery while we were waiting. The next picture is him after surgery playing in his room. The final picture is from Saturday just waiting to go home.

So, Keegan's surgery went just fine on Friday and we are done with the NG tube. He has definitely been sore, but with a little medicine we are keeping him comfortable. As each day goes by he is acting more and more like himself. Today he was much better, he played a lot and laughed a lot (which we had not see as much of before). We are still settling into a new routine with the G tube, but it is already so much better than having the tube across his face and up his nose. We have had to start the feedings off slow, but today they went very well, so I think I will be increasing them tomorrow. I will keep you posted...

Thank you to everyone for your prayers!!

No comments: